Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James R Dollar has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Dollar and staff are friendly and caring. I've never had a doctor meet with me in his office to discuss any concerns before I am sent to the examination room. I've had annual exams as well as surgical procedures and have been very pleased with both the care and knowledge I've received. I would definitely recommend him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1983
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. James R Dollar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEastern Obstetrics & Gynecology, 48 Medical Park Dr E Ste 355, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Dollar in this video.
Dr. James R Dollar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.