Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Dowd has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Rheumatology
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Patient Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Dowd shouldn't even be called a Dr. He lectured for 2 hours about meditating and journaling. If I did those things, my pain would go away. He ordered no tests to see if there was something going on. He just lectured and puffed himself up with his book writing skills and the fact that he doesn't use medicine. I truly wish I would never have entered into his office. I have since found a rheumatologist who has done lab tests and accurately diagnosed me and I have found tremendous help. NO thanks to Mr Dowd.
Dr. Dowd is an awesome doctor. When you first meet him, you can tell right away that he is very intelligent. However he talks to you and explains things in such a way that the average person can understand what hes saying. When I first met with Dr. Dowd I had a couple of issue going on. After reviewing my blood work and medical history, he turned to me and said everything that is going on with you can be fixed by diet and exercise. "Or you can continue your current life style and stay on the medications". Well I took his advice and changed my diet, still exercise as I did before I saw him. At my sixth month follow up visit he reviewed my charts and blood work and said you no longer need to be taking your meds anymore. To this day Ive stuck to the diet and I feel great. By the way I lost 25lbs while on this diet.
31 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1987
Dr. James E Dowd accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArthritis Institute, 10484 Citation Dr Ste 100, Brighton, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James E Dowd in this video.
Dr. James E Dowd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brighton, MI.