Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Dunn has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James L Dunn has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. James L Dunn has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Dunn himself is great and very caring, however they are very poor in following up with patients which to me is borderline negligent. I was asked to call in to discuss my blood work last year which i did repeatedly and left several messages with the receiptionist but was never called back. I finally got through and asked verbally for a call back to discuss my blood work which and to have a prescription phoned in. Prescription was phoned in but no one to this day - 1 year later has ever called me back about my blood work ( which has issues). I'm switching physicians this year. One more comment. My insurance was billed and this office did not send me an invoice for my copayment until 8 months had past and then had the nerve to charge me 10 dollar late charge!! I paid the late charge and sent a letter with my complaints in the envelope with my check and i still have not heard back from them.
Bell Memorial Hospital
Dr. James L Dunn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPartners In Internal Medicine, 3600 N Briarwood Ln, Muncie, IN
Dr. James L Dunn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Muncie, IN.