Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James E Barnett
Dr. James E Barnett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA, with another office in Stockton, CA. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Barnett is affiliated with Doctors Medical Center and Doctors Hospital Manteca. Dr. Barnett has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James E Barnett has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. James E Barnett has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. James E Barnett has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James E Barnett is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
When being treated by Dr. Barnett you can be certain that you that you are recieving the highest standartd of care. It's apparent that Dr. Barnett does everything possible to improve the function and lives of his patients. He always explains and educates which allows the patient the knowledge needed to participate in the improvement of their quality of life.
The people who make your appointments are terrible!!!! If you don't kiss their Royal rear, you WILL NOT GET AN APPOINTMENT.Now, if you can get through the office and you are able to get an appointment. THEN YOU'RE IN!The Staff is EXCELLENT OVER AT THE SURGICAL CENTER!!!! Especially STAFF IN THE BACK. THEY REALLY CARE!!! PLUS, THEY DO A GREAT JOB!YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER DR, THEN DR. BARNETT! HE IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS! Believe me! I have been through several Anesthesiologist; due to the fact that I am stuck in the Ca. work Comp. System!You want the best, you have found the BEST!I was not paid for this! I do NOT WORK FOR ANYONE! I am 100% disabled. This is a present from me to you. So, don't worry, you're in the BEST hands out there!!!!!Try and think of good thoughts. Don't let the pain make you ugly! It's hard!!!!! But this DR. helps me with my pain. Don't give up!!! Give him a try.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2012, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Barnett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Ross University School Of Medicine
New Britain General Hospital
Dr. James E Barnett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. James E Barnett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.