Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Campbell has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. James E Campbell has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
Dr. James E Campbell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 39
Took my son in to get a different med for adhd as his current one is not helping and is making him sick. Dr. Campbell accused him of just wanting a different medicine with more street value. Dr. Campbell spent 2 minutes rattling off the facts about 5 or 6 different meds and then asked us what direction we wanted to go. He did not help or make recommendations. He did not ask about my son's experience with current med. he was very condescending when I asked questions about the different options. We were scheduled for a 30 minute therapy appointment, But Dr. Campbell spent 12 minutes with us before rushing us along.
I called Dr Campbell to make an appt for my son. No one could see him for weeks or months, including Dr. C. Once I explained what was going on within 24 hours they called me and got us in that same day! Dr. C spent a lot of time with us talking about my son and what we could do. We left his office with knowledge and hope that finally our son would get the help he needed. It is an ongoing process but little by little our boy is getting better and better. Dr. C is great with children and we highly recommend him!
- Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. James E Campbell accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames Earnest Campbell Md, 4747 W Country Gables Dr, Glendale, AZ
Dr. James E Campbell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.