Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Redmon Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 12
Unless you are able to self diagnose yourself, I would not recommend this practice. After my first case of hospitalized diverticulosis Dr. Redmon released me to return to work without taking blood to perform a CBC which was the test the hospital used to monitor my illness as I did not run a fever. On my follow-up appointment, which took 10 days to get, I had to specifically ask for this test. Dr. Redmon told me I had a "nervous stomach" and prescribed medication for that. After insisting I have a CBC test run, the doctor finally agreed and the blood was taken. About 30 minutes later, while at Walgreens getting my prescription the nurse called me and informed me my white blood cell count had sky rocketed and thanks to Kim, the nurse practitioner, I was told to check back into the hospital immediately. I did this within the hour...to make a long story short...my colon was abscessed and I ended up losing 15 inches of it. Thank goodness I asked for this test for if I hadn't I would have returned to work and ran the risk of my colon rupturing and possibly gone septic, which can be life threatening. I have been a patient for 15 years and this was the level of care I received, amazing! I agree with the other reviewer, some of his staff can be very rude but I think it's more that they must hate their jobs and treatment by the doctor!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Redmon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. James E Redmon Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorton Community Medical Associates Preston, 7430 Jefferson Blvd # 200, Louisville, KY
Dr. James E Redmon Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.