Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Stone has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Saw this man in ER after suffering a TERRIBLE panic attack. We told me I was fat, and if I did not lose weight I was going to end up on a ventilator and not be able to see my children live their lives. Remember, I had just had a HORRIBLE panic attack. Thanks Mr Stone for making it worse. TERRIBLE bedside manner. Very compassionate. Should be called DR Stone cold.
Horrible doctor! I seen him at the hospital after i was admitted for back pain. Found out that I had 4 herniated disc and degenerative disc disease and a very high WBC. I told him that the norco (pain med.) was not working and it made me sick and asked if he could change it to something else. He then told me that I was a drug addict (even though I have NEVER done any drugs unless they were prescribe by my doctor! Plus, the drug test they did on me in the ER was negative for everything!) Then, he told me I needed to go to college and I needed to think about my child! I was in tears at this points and speechless, I could not believe way he was saying! I have a have a college degree from a ISU! I asked him to leave and then told the nurse that he was not permitted in my room and I wanted him off my case, NOW! He has the worse bedside manner ever!! After my doctor let me go home (next day) we got a call from someone at the hospital apologizing for his behavior. He has no compassion and likes to assume things instead of listening to the patient!
Dr. Stone is an amazing doctor! My father has been hopitalized 3 times in the last 2 years, so we have met many of the Hospitalist doctors. He, however, stands out among the rest. His bedside manner has the qualities that all doctors should try to achieve. He always took the time to listen and understand all of our concerns.
17 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. James E Stone accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James E Stone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Charlotte, FL.