Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Thomas has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 8
30 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. James E Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas Neurology Clinic Pa, 1000 Highway 35 N Ste 5, Benton, AR
Dr. James E Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Benton, AR.