Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James E Thompson has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James E Thompson has the following 14 expertise
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Dr. James E Thompson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
I would not be alive today if it weren't for Dr. Thompson. He was incredibly knowledgeable about his field even when compared to higher ranking medical personnel in his field at UPENN, and I am somewhat familiar w/his peers since I was a medical researcher there for many years. He is quite simply nonpareil!
25 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1993
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRoswell Park Cancer Institute, ELM AND CARLTON St, Buffalo, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James E Thompson, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Buffalo, NY, in this video.
Dr. James E Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.