Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Ebel
Dr. James Ebel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ebel is affiliated with Des Peres Hospital, St Anthony's Medical Center and SSM St Clare Health Center - Fenton. Dr. Ebel has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James Ebel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James Ebel has the following 9 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. James Ebel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I've been going to Dr Ebel for at least 20 years. I had an appointment with him recently and was very discourage in his bedside manner. It was like he had never seen me before in my life. He asked me a bunch of questions and when i finally told him what i thought it was, he asked me who had diagnosed me with that. I told him "you did"! Very disappointing! I think that this group see way too many patients and it like a cattle call when you walk into the office.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
Dr. Ebel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SSM St Clare Health Center - Fenton
SSM St. Clare Health Center
Saint Louis University Hospital
Kindred Hospital - Saint Louis
St John`s Mercy Medical Center
35 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. James Ebel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsESSE HEALTH, 5034 Griffin Rd, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. James Ebel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.