- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James A Edison has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. James A Edison has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. James A Edison is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 9
Bored to tears
Self-verified patient of Dr. James A Edison - Posted on October 2nd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. James A Edison - Posted on March 27th, 2015
I made the appointment for a Colonoscopy with this physician a was told this was a preventative procedure even though it had been three years since my last. Now that it is over they turned it in as a procedure and not as preventative and I was told they would not change it which leaves me responsible for the entire bill. When I arrived for the procedure I was in the room for over 45 minutes (after my scheduled time) before I went back. The only follow up I received was a voice mail asking if I was having any issues and not to call back if I wasn't.
Dr. Edison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Hospital Health System
Dr. James A Edison accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
More about Dr. James A Edison
Dr. Edison joined Gastroenterology, Inc in 1995 (which merged with two other practices to form Ohio Gastroenterology Group in 1996). He is a 1986 Cum Laude graduate of Duke Unversity, and a 1990 graduate of Unversity of Cincinnati College of Medicine. In 1993, he completed his internal medicine residency at the University Hospitals in Cleveland. Dr. Edison is a 1995 graduate of the Unviersity Hospitals in Cleveland Fellowship in Gastroenterology. He is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology. Professional societies include ACP, AGA,ASGE, ACG, and OSMA.
Locations & DirectionsGASTROENTEROLOGY, 777 W State St Ste 400, Columbus, OH
Dr. James A Edison is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbus, OH.