Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Engelbrecht
Dr. James Engelbrecht, MD, FACP, FACR is a Doctor primarily located in Rapid City, SD. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Engelbrecht is affiliated with Spearfish Surgery Center, Regional Medical Clinic - Aspen Centre and Rapid City Regional Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James Engelbrecht has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Engelbrecht is an awesome guy. I was diagnosed at 10 years old with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. He cares about his patients, and he looks for the best ways to treat your condition. He isn't the type of guy that just gives you prescriptions that you ask for. He's very intelligent, and one of the best guys out there. If you are truly in need for joint expertise. He's the one I'd go to!
Dr. Engelbrecht is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Spearfish Surgery Center
Regional Medical Clinic - Aspen Centre
Rapid City Regional Hospital
Black Hills Surgery Center Llp
Sturgis Community Health Care Center - CAH
Custer Community Hospital - CAH
41 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. James Engelbrecht accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsREGIONAL HEALTH MEDICAL CLINIC FLORMANN STREET, 640 Flormann St, Rapid City, SD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James Engelbrecht in this video.
Dr. James Engelbrecht is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rapid City, SD.