Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James Englesby has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Doctor Englesby took care of my two sons, delivered my youngest son, Eric, and treated me and my family through years of illness, childhood and adult. He treated me for serious illnesses, even assisted with some of my cancer treatment so that I didn't have to travel to Reno, Nevada. I can't recommend him anymore highly as you only gave me four stars, but I also have to say, his wife and children are also as precious as he is and the kids have probably grown up. My sons, Lars and Eric are parents now and I am a grandmother with three grandgirls and one grandson with bright red hair. I probably wouldn't be enjoying old age if not for the likes of Jim Englesby. He is a good diagnostician and always had a longing to be a vacuum cleaner repairman--I wonder if he still does. Anyway, there is no finer doctor so if you reside in Truckee, choose Jim.
Dr. Englesby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northern Inyo Hospital
44 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1973
St Mary Medical Center
Dr. James Englesby accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHATHAWAY AND KAMEI MDS, 152 Pioneer Ln, Bishop, CA
Dr. James Englesby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bishop, CA.