Dr. James Etzkorn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Etzkorn?

Posted on June 1st, 2016

Dr Etzkorn is a great doctor. I left his practice because of his office staff. The stress that they caused me was not worth seeing Dr Etzkorn. His staff are rude, hateful and not helpful. I believe that they take pleasure in causing problems for Dr Etzkorn's patients.

Just okay

Posted on December 8th, 2015

Dr. Etzkorn is professional and keeps the appointment fast and to the point. Like other reviewers, the office staff is cold and unorganized. On one occasion I was getting weighed and woman said, "Wow, you weigh a lot less than I thought you were." Ummmm thanks? On another occassion I called to receive a new perscription and was told I could pick it up the next day. I go to pick it up and turns out they mailed it to my house. The office is very dated and very far behind in technology. You are unable to leave a voicemail and they only take calls a few days a week for a limited number of hours making it difficult to get ahold of someone to change or schedule an appointment. The office needs a make over of the physical appearace as well as the staff.

20+ year patient

Posted on July 12th, 2015

Diagnosed with Graves disease 20 years ago. Dr. Etzkorn is a true specialist. He is focused, very task oriented, highly respected in his field, and takes his work seriously. He is extremely matter of fact, negates patient self reporting with lab results, will not entertain related symptom questions if not specific to diagnosis, will not entertain patient speculation, and has a flat persona with a monotone speech. If he is empathic he does not show it. I have stayed with him for so long for the one reason and one reason only - his expertise. Robin was the office staff for 12 +/- years and extremely easy to work with. She was very pleasant, considerate, and empathic. Her personality was a nice contrast to the doctor's. They worked well together. When Robin left the mean one arrived. I'm sorry to be so direct but that one word says it all. Calling the office to make appointments, request lab orders or prescriptions is a communication nightmare. She is always put off that you called, hates that you disturbed her day, and consistently bullies her way through the conversation. She is Seinfeld's soup cook personified. She makes the doctor look like Mr. Congeniality. I look forward to the day when Dr. Etzkorn retires forcing me to find a replacement. Surely there's another equally qualified thyroid expert out there. One with a happy staff. **I do cut the Doc a little slack because he deals with thyroid patients all day - nuerotic, paranoid, hyper/hypo, anxious, moody, depressed, fatigued, etc., .... symptons of a malfunctioning thyroid.

Posted on June 15th, 2015

A bit too direct for some people, but I loved it. My interaction with his receptionist staff has been the only negative. Maybe it's due to the way he treats them or how he gives them direction, but he's always been excellent in his interactions with me.

Good Doctor/Horrible Staff

Posted on June 12th, 2015

Dr Etzkorn is a very competent endocrinologist. I have been his patient for 7 years and appreciate all that he has done for me. I am leaving his practice because I can no longer deal with his horrible office staff. They are rude and unorganized. It's impossible to get apts scheduled in a timely manner. It's just not worth the aggravation.

RN

Posted on November 18th, 2014

When I was experiencing certain symptoms, I discovered my thyroid levels were abnormal. I was prescribed medication but my symptoms persisted. I made a reasonable decision to see an endocrinologist to at least review my condition and treatment plan. When I spoke with Dr. Etzkorn's secretary, she then called my primary care physician's office. The secretary called me back to tell me she didn't think it was necessary for me to see Dr. Etzkorn. Since when do secretary's make this decision? This secretary made a mistake when scheduling my appointment and now she tells me I don't need to see an endocrinologist. Utterly and completely rude!

Rude and crabby

Posted on August 11th, 2014

Dr. Etzkorn is an expert in his field. However, he can be very awkward and condescending. Occasionally he can be friendly and "normal". His staff on the other hand is rude and crabby 90% of the time. I have had a few pleasant interactions with them. I am planning on finding a new office for my care.

Great doctor, very rude office staff

Posted on July 8th, 2013

Dr. Etzcorn is a great doctor. However, his secretary is extremely rude. She has been rude to me over the phone and in person. This secretary is so mean that she makes it uncomfortable to be in the waiting room or to even call to set up an appointment. She has a very unpleasant attitude. I have been one of doctor Etzcorn's patients for ten years, but I have been tempted to find a new doctor with a more friendly staff many times.

Global Director Of Lean Enterprise

Posted on June 25th, 2013

My family recommended Dr. Etzkorn to me and I heard and have no reason not to believe that he is the best Endocrinologist out there. However my problem, and the main reason why I would refuse to ever do business with him is his team taking phone calls. As I was trying to explain why I was calling and special circumstances that led me to making my appointment I had the following happen: 1) While I was in midsentence 1 person handed the phone to another 2) Person taking my call cut my conversation off 3) Talked deliberately slow to me as if I was a child. 4) Extremely rude Basically, I received the poorest Customer Service I have ever been provided before. With this said, no matter how good Dr. EtzKorn is at his trade, if he allows for this type of abuse to happen to future patients, then he can not be a customer focused healthcare provider

Posted on May 4th, 2013

Dr. Etzkorn is great. I started seeing him when a thyroid condition developed in my pregnancy. His information was throught, and made me feel comfortable and confident that everything was going just as it should. I would recommend him to friends or family if it wasn't for his office staff. I could not believe how rude and inconsiderate a person could be to a pregnant woman!

Posted on March 26th, 2012

I have been a patient for 7 years and every year I tell myself I am finding a new doctor. Since the day I started going to him I have voiced my concern that something is wrong, he told me to see my GP because I was depressed which I am not. Hasn't changed my meds in 7 years and I just keep gaining weight and can't lose it no matter what I do. he dosen't care. Finding a new doctor this year!

Feeling felt out of Studio 54...

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

I've been struggling with Hashimoto's, B12 deficiencies (10 months) and more recently depressive tendencies and physical pain (2 months) that is draining my spirit. So to be treated so rudely when attempting to make an appointment with a specialist is just uncalled for. According to the appointment setting staff, he won't see anyone without a referral (even if your insurance doesn't require it). If you have a PCP with an ego who insists they can control your issues, you'll never see this specialist. Additionally, there's a 2-3 month wait for an appointment. His staff was rude and snotty but I'll never know if he is as good as the others say he is because they'll never let me make an appointment.Based on his staff alone, even with a referral, I won't go there.