Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James F Black has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. James F Black has the following 12 expertise
- Breast Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. James F Black is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
when having been referred and this dr. has done many procedures and surgeries on me, i made him my only female dr you see. at the last when in dire need to see him , my 3x referals on medicare now and since my name had changed and trying to explain this to front desk help, she denied every referral that my main dr. sent. i did go on and be sent to another in charlotte, but his diagnosis was wrong and didnt let me have a say so without be argumentive, especially when i knew what the problem was and this dr. here, black. but how can i get in to see him if i am denied? the desk assisstant tries to be very charming with some. she is denying me from the dr. i know can help me. one that always spoke to me at work, the hospital, by name at that. i miss you dr. black and i still need that surgery.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
43 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. James F Black accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWake Forest Baptist Health, 106 W Medical Park Dr Ste B, Lexington, NC
Dr. James F Black is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, NC.