Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Farrell has the following 3 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Barrett Esophagus
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I too will award Dr. Farrell one star because there's no option for handing him a zero. He has let me suffer like a dog for nearly a year. No return calls from him and only one from his P.A. And forget any chance of having the almighty "follow up after visit" following an invasive procedure. The pain, nausea and vomiting is indescribable and relentless. Morphine and Oxycodone are the only reason I"m still standing and I had to rely on another physician for those prescriptions. The staff takes their cues from him and couldn't care less. This is all I can say for now since I'm still stuck with him seeing as how there are so few gastroenterologists in CT with expertise in pancreatic disease.
I had to give Dr. Farrell one Star since I dont have an option of -0000 Star. I can not believe he is a doctor!!!!!! It would be nice for someone to ever call you back with your results AFTER 20 CALLS MADE TO HIS OFFICE to let you know if YOU HAVE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!! Farrell you are not an INTERNIST AND GET PATIENTS WITH COLDS TO IGNORE THEM THE WAY YOU AND YOUR STAFF DO
I was referred to Dr Farrell for follow-up testing after a colonoscopy and biopsy identified a cancerous polyp. I called at least 7 times over the next month for results of testing and never received a return phone call.I did not receive reports on the procedure and pathology until I asked the referring physician to request them.Completely unresponsive!!!
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. James J Farrell accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUcla Medical Center, 200 Ucla Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. James J Farrell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.