Best Plastic surgeon in the state of

4 reviews just now I have received Botox and facial fillers from Dr. Fernau multiple times over the past several years and have always been impressed with the professionalism of his team and his ability to “sculpt” my face. I am 56, and people assume I am at least 15 years younger than I am! We highly recommend Dr. Fernau and his competent team of medical professionals.

I was very pleased with the results of my filler treatment by Dr. Fernau. He is truly a perfectionist when it comes to fillers and botox treatments. Dr. Fernau has a very warm, welcoming personality. I truly felt like I was treated like family and was in the best hands possible. The entire staff is incredible as well. Could not recommend him enough!!

Wonderful Experience!

I made an appointment at Dr Fernau’s office with Cindy Scozio For a Dermabrassion. Before the appointment date I had been noticing white pimple like spots (named milia) that were growing in number and size. I called Cindy and asked if she would be able to treat and remove them. (I had previously asked my dermatologist if she could get rid of them but she said they were not harmful and they were difficult to remove and did not seem interested in treating them). Cindy said yes. What a pleasant surprise when I saw her. She spent a lot of time working on them and did not give up until we were both satisfied. She was so helpful and very fair priced. I feel so lucky to have found her! -Louise

Rhinoplasty

Dr Fernau did an amazing job on my nose. It was too big and did not fit my face. I am 4 years out and completely satisfied. My breathing is radically improved and my nose really looks perfect. Dr Fernau is really different than most docs. His bedside manner is awesome. The staff were kind and professional. I have referred many friends with similar results. I am returning soon for liposuction.

Hair transplant

I had a neograft hair transplant over 3 years ago and it changed my life. I highly recommend Dr Fernau and his team of Bonnie and Sherry who were outstanding. I give them 5 stars and would do it again .

1st of all I would like to say that I have been treated with the most professional and kindest staff of doctor fernau and also dr fernau.but my last visit was a little different... I had a abdominal hernia repair last year and I looked great .then part of it came back an ( which I made 3 trips to a qualifying hospital to have it performed) dr fernau told me to go to a general surgeon to correct it that he initially repaired it.that really hurt my feelings.i felt like he blew me off.then he was doing a procedure on half on my back and I asked if he would do another procedure on my inner thighs ..which I. have never done before...and I felt like he thought I was a troubled patient who always asked for more without paying extra...so opposite of me..I felt very disappointed and my feelings hurt.. this visit really bothered me. .

Eye for perfection

I was very nervous about having any type of surgery let alone plastic surgery (breast reduction). I researched many doctors and had 3 consults. I am so very pleased with my results and with the entire process. Dr. Fernau was amazing. He explained everything and took the time to answer my questions. He has an eye for detail and strives for perfection. Highly, highly recommend. I felt safe and secure with him as my surgeon. Follow up with so easy and timely. Overall the procedure had very little pain or down time. Would do it again. Amazing results. Should have had the procedure years ago. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Wouldn't trust my health with any other surgeon.

Customer service needs work

I had a procedure scheduled for over a month. I took almost a week off work for this procedure because I was assuming I was going to look off for a few days. The day of my procedure approaches. I live over an hour from their office, so I was leaving early for my appointment. They call me after I am on the road for about 20 minutes, telling me that the doctor won’t be in for my appointment, but they might be able to “squeeze me in” later on the day. Ok that’s fine. I go home and wait for them to call and tell me when. They call back about an hour later and tell me that the doctor could see me, BUT they don’t actually have the product in that is part of my procedure due to a snow storm. My mother lives about 20 minutes from their office and didn’t have any snow, but ok?? They left it at that. Offered me nothing for the inconvenience. I wasted my time, gas, and spent a week off of work for nothing. So yeah, they could say that I never saw them... but it was because of their irresponsible scheduling.

Office staff is pleasant and consultation was very informative.

My contact with the office staff was very pleasant, they were able to answer questions and scheduled my initial consultation without any problems. I came in for the consultation and left feeling like I had everything I needed to make a well information decision. The whole experience from start to finish went smoothly and thus far I'm happy with the outcome.

Excellent, Talented Surgeon

Dr. Fernau performed a rhinoplasty, septoplasty, and otoplasty on me. I am extremely happy with the result. In addition to being extremely talented, he is also very big on patient safety and I would recommend him 1000%. The office staff were always very kind and willing to answer any questions.

Horrible doctor

My sister died the next day after he did a Brazilian butt lift on her.

Awful experience

Dr. James L Fernau is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.