More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James P Finnigan
Dr. James P Finnigan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Finnigan is affiliated with St Davids Medical Center, University Medical Center Brackenridge and Heart Hospital Of Austin At St Davids Round Rock. He speaks English.
Dr. James P Finnigan has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. James P Finnigan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
My 15 yo daughter has seen Dr. Finnegan several times over the past 2 years and everytime he connects with her instantly and answers my questions thoroughly. He uses humor to to put the kids at ease and is genuinely kind and caring. But as a nurse I know that bedside manner is not everything. He is a top notch cardiologist as well and trust his diagnosis and treatment. I have been the field of cardiologuy for 24 years and have worked with many cardiologists. My daughter has seen over 15 doctors over the 2 past years due to a chronic illness. Dr. Finnegan rates at the top of our list. I think we are well equipped to fairly and accurately rate this doctor.
Dr. Finnigan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. James P Finnigan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatrix Medical Services Inc, 4314 Medical Pkwy Ste 200, Austin, TX
Dr. James P Finnigan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.