Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Flaig has the following 1 specialty
Dr. James J Flaig has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. James J Flaig has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I am following-up on my previous review of this doctor. Again, I was satisfied with Dr. Flaig himself, with the procedure that he performed, etc. Please read my other review for details as to why I do not recommend this doctor and chose not to return to his office for a follow-up. I saw my PCP instead. When I was contacted by Dr. Flaig's office in regard to my scheduled appointment I nicely told the receptionist that I had already been seen by my PCP. She said, "he performed a procedure the last time, right?" I replied very nicely, "Yes, he did. But I will be very honest with you. I did not like the way I was treated after my appointment, so I have chosen not to be seen by your office again."SHE PROMPTLY HUNG-UP ON ME.That only affirms my decision not to return, nor recommend. It also helps me feel confident in saying that the staff (other than Dr. Flaig) are extremely unprofessional and rude.
I felt that the office staff were very courteous, and it was easy to obtain an appointment. I also felt that Dr. Flaig himself was a very pleasant man who made me feel comfortable and at ease. I felt that he could have spent more time with me, however, I had previously had this procedure done by another doctor a few weeks prior so I knew what was to be expected. Unfortunately, I have a huge problem with the "aftercare" provided by his staff. I had an incision procedure done on an infected leg wound. Several days after the procedure I was having great difficulty in cleaning it properly due to the immense pain brought on by having to insert swabs deep into the wound that were soaked in peroxide and clean out debris. I was told by my PCP to call their office and request something for pain control. Dr. Flaigs nurse bluntly told me "he is not one to do hand outs of pain meds" and flatly refused to even ask. I felt that using a term like "hand out" was not only demeaning, but borderline unethical. I felt that I had a legitimate need and was being treated like a drug seeker, despite having waited several days to call. I ended up seeing my PCP who irrigated and cleaned my wound, prescribed a simple lidocaine gel and irrigation supplies, and agreed to see me weekly for cleanings. I have now cancelled my follow up w/ Dr. Flaig and will not return to that office.
17 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. James J Flaig accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEffingham Surgical Associates, 900 W Temple Ave Ste 101, Effingham, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Flaig in this video.
Dr. James J Flaig is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Effingham, IL.