Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James E Fortune
Dr. James E Fortune, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southaven, MS, with other offices in Southaven, MS and Collierville, TN . He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Fortune is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto. He speaks English.
Dr. James E Fortune has the following 1 specialty
Dr. James E Fortune has the following 1 expertise
Dr. James E Fortune has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Refused to answer any questions or tell me about a treatment plan. Refused surgery but still wouldn't let me have any food for 3 days. Refused to answer nurse's pages. Kept me in the hospital a full day extra with no tests scheduled and never checked up on me. He was told I had to leave or I would lose my job, and he never showed up. I waited seven hours and then had to check out AMA. He used intimidation tactics to try to get me to shut up and stop asking me questions. He is negligent, callous, condescending, and does not care that he did not fix my problem and am still suffering. He just ran up my bill for nothing.
I was admitted through the ER with a gallbladder full of stones. My first interaction with Dr. Fortune started with him entering my room, not saying a word to me, leaving the door open, trying to pull the blanket off me and trying to examine me while I was unclothed in the bed. I of course protested, not knowing who this guy was, not having anyone else present in the room, and the DOOR BEING WIDE OPEN and all. Dr. Fortune ordered countless other tests, and finally obtained results that were inconclusive. After three days at the hospital, I were told that I didn't need surgery and could leave. The specialist I was dealing with said I needed surgery, and Dr Fortune would not do it. When I tried to talk to Dr Fortune about this and make sense of it, he became angry and removed himself from my case. I ended up having to go to a different hospital, where they told me that if I hadn't had the stones removed from my pancreatic duct, I could have died.
Dr. Fortune is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Baptist Memorial Hospital
Dr. James E Fortune accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James E Fortune in this video.
Dr. James E Fortune is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southaven, MS.