Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James F Franks has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James F Franks has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. James F Franks has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. James F Franks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Franks is a listener and quite a student of human nature. He has an ability that most doctors don't have: he uses his common sense to make character assessments of his patients' personalities and abilities and then treats each as individuals. He doesn't patronize when it isn't warranted. He respects the patients who are proactive about their own care and try to be responsible patients themselves. In such a varied practice, he makes remarkably accurate diagnoses in a short time. He always seems to come up with immediate relief for various medical difficulties. I'd hate to have to replace him and can't think of enough ways to say nice things about him.
Ive dealt with alot of doctors most have power egos and dont listen and could care less about your medical problems.Dr Franks will visit with you for an hour if you need to tell him whats going on even if medicare or medicaid patient.Im so used to doctors being arragant and not actually listening to your problems.If you have any medical concern he dont push it off he will help you figure out what it is.Ive only been going to him a few months but he is the greatest doctor ive ever been too.Ive been to alot suffered work injury ive put up with the worst of the worst doctors imaginable.In my opinion he is the best doctor in Forrest City ive never met a doctor that will spend as much time with you.If your tired of wasting your time going to all these one minute know it all doctors you need to switch to Dr Franks hes a good guy not burned out like most doctors.Hes a great guy and provides outstanding healthcare glad to be his patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Wilkes Barre General Hospital
Dr. James F Franks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames Franks Medical, 1698 Lindauer Rd, Forrest City, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James F Franks in this video.
Dr. James F Franks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forrest City, AR.