Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James W Futrell Jr
Dr. James W Futrell Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Culver City, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Futrell is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and California Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James W Futrell Jr has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Showing 2 of 2
Horrific. I can't believe this man is allowed to administer anesthesia to patients in any reputable hospital. He had an odd attitude and had absolutely no idea what he was doing. I felt like I was choking and could feel the excruciating pain of the procedure. I filed a formal complaint with the hospital. It's very unfortunate that he continues to practice.
Dr. Futrell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. James W Futrell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames Walter Futrell Jr Md, PO Box 2666, Culver City, CA
Dr. James W Futrell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Culver City, CA.