Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James G Dwyer
Dr. James G Dwyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Prescott, AZ, with other offices in Prescott Valley, AZ and Cottonwood, AZ . He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Dwyer is affiliated with Flagstaff Medical Center. Dr. Dwyer has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James G Dwyer has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Dwyer is the best cardiologist in the area. He has now moved to Prescott Valley, AZ. (June 2016) I wish all doctors were like him. He is so caring and so is his staff. He is personable,caring, and very knowledgeable. When you call with a problem and leave a message, he, himself calls you back and talks to you.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dwyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Johns Medical Center
Dr. James G Dwyer accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James G Dwyer in this video.
Dr. James G Dwyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prescott, AZ.