More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James G Henry has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. James G Henry has the following 1 expertise
- Holter monitoring
Dr. James G Henry is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
My son began seeing Dr Henry when he was a few days old and saw him until he was 18 years old. He was kind, caring and compassionate. He provided us with all the information available and answered all our questions, so that we could understand and deal with my son's condition. He always took all the time we needed. I would highly recommend him!
I started going to Dr. Henry when I was around 13 (I am now 27 years old). I have to say that I barely ever even saw him, but the few times he decided to actually make an appearance in his office, he was not the nicest person in the world. The last visit I had with Dr. Henry was when I was 18 just before I left Florida to move elsewhere. He told me that my heart murmur was gone and I was really happy, even though he kind of just said it in a matter-of-fact manner and kinda just left the office without saying much else (he always seemed to be in so much of a rush that he was unwilling to extend any kind of compassion). It turns out that my general practitioner now found that I actually still have a heart murmur... so he was wrong about telling me that it had closed. I find it sad that a GP can tell me I still have a heart murmur, but a cardiologist was wrong about it, it should be a simple thing for a cardiologist to detect. I would be willing to set aside his inability for compassion if he was a good doctor, but... well, he isn't.
Dr. Henry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES, 880 6th St S Ste 280, Saint Petersburg, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James G Henry, MD - Pediatric Cardiology in Saint Petersburg, FL, in this video.
Dr. James G Henry is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.