Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Gajewski has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Graft vs Host Disease
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Blood Transfusion
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Clinical Research
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Showing 5 of 8
This doctor was on duty @ M D Anderson 1998-1999 while myself and another family member were transplanted. He was the attending for several other patients our family befriended @ the time. He was abrupt, confrontational, condescending, and down right rude to patients and nurses most days. He brought his very young child onto the floor when the rest of patients and staff were prohibited from bringing our own young relatives to the floor for viral control measures, and perpetuated rumors to the staff that my husband & I were divorcing! There are plenty of caring and compasionate hemo-oncs @ M D Anderson and the other medical fascilities. Chose carefully.
35 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. James L Gajewski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOhsu Hospitals And Clinics, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James L Gajewski in this video.
Dr. James L Gajewski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.