Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James A Gaume
Dr. James A Gaume, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gaume is affiliated with Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation. Dr. Gaume has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James A Gaume has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James A Gaume has the following 13 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Showing 5 of 14
I would highly recommend Dr. Gaume for any thyroid issues! It took me a little while to get in, but it was well worth the wait. I'm disappointed I was scheduled to move out of town before we could schedule my surgery, as I am still trying to find a reputable doctor in my new area that can match Dr. Gaume's rapport. Even though Dr. Gaume knew I was getting ready to leave town, he ensured I was able to get a biopsy scheduled, same day, and followed up with me to make sure I received my records.
I'm currently looking for a new Dr. for my husband as Dr. Gaume over looks more than half of my husbands problems! Doesn't even address them! We spend weeks trying to get his medication filled because Dr. Gaume wont authorize it, he just sends it to the pharmacy and they cant fill without the authorization. He gives off the feeling that he doesn't care to be there, making you feel uneasy. Save your time, find a better Dr!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gaume is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1976
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. James A Gaume accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEndocrinology & Diabetes Associates, 4230 Harding Pike Ste 527, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Gaume in this video.
Dr. James A Gaume is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.