Dr. James D Givens Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. James D Givens?

Dr. Givens does not appear to be a good people person. He rushes through appointmens and treats his patients like they are a burden to him. As far as his surgical skills, he did do a good job with my vertical sleeve gastrectomy. However, he was supposed to also fix an umbilical hernia while performing the vertical sleeve, but he did not, and had no excuse for why when asked about it. At my first post op appointment, he seemed very fake in his brief responses to my concerns. He has never spent more then 5 - 7 minutes in the room with me for any of my office visits. I will not use him again for those reasons.

This man has absolutely no bedside manner and does not care about his patients, especially those receiving gastric bypass. I would never go to him again.

I have had several surgeries with Dr Givens and have had wonderful experiences. If I ever have to have another surgery I would go back to him!!!!

Dr James Givens was by far the rudest Dr. I have ever been to. I have gallstones and I went to him trying to get advise on what to do and if I can avoid surgery. He response was "I am not tring to sell you a surgery" and that was the end of the appointment. He would no longer answer questions or talk to me. He made it very clear that I was not worth his time and to come back when I was ready for surgery.

Major cancer surgery

Doctor Givens saved my life. I felt I was in good hands from the first time I met him until my final appointment with him. He performed a procedure on me, major cancer surgery a few months later, and then another procedure appr. a year after that. I will forever be grateful for his outstanding skills as a surgeon, as well as his kindness and concern for my comfort during my hospitalization and throughout my association with him. Based on what other people have told me, and based on my personal experience I can say without reservation: Doctor Givens is the best and brings great credit upon his profession.

Givens removed the upper and middle lobes of my right lung. Weeks later he was to place a portacath on the Right side per permit. He put it on the left and punctured my left upper lobe. He sent me home. I almost died in the ambulance getting back to the hospital. He never acknwledged his mistake or appoligized for the extra pain and suffering he caused me.

He Butched Me

After surgery I have had 3 other doctors say that I didn't need such an extensive procedure