Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James K Glisson
Dr. James K Glisson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson, MS. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Glisson is affiliated with Holmes County Hospital, Merit Crossgates River Oaks Hospital and Maury Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James K Glisson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James K Glisson has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
Introduced himself in observation room (ER)." Discharging you. " Pain in hip and back, Pain scale 10 and hard to get in and out of bed. No bedside manner. He had not asked me any questions nor examined me. Treated me with rudeness: "I am your third opinion, and nothing is wrong, you need to leave." We were suppose to have more tests and another opiinon, like therapist or orthopedic. Forced to leave, I refused to go to him follow-up. Doesn't deserve one star
Did not take time to explain the conditions affecting my loved one or his plan of care for my loved one; very impatient and unwilling to address questions; responded with rudeness and indignation when I attempted ask questions about treatments; no display of compassion for a difficult situation; very disappointed in his bedside manner
Dr. Glisson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. James K Glisson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLakeland Radiologists Pa, 969 Lakeland Dr, Jackson, MS
Dr. James K Glisson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, MS.