Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James R Goske
Dr. James R Goske, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Akron, OH. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Goske is affiliated with Western Reserve Hospital, Medina Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Akron General. He speaks English.
Dr. James R Goske has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 9
I was really unhappy with Dr. Goske. When diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, he gave me a prescription and sent me out the door. When I asked for help or resources, he referred me to WebMD. He could not recommend any books. Any time I called the staff (numerous times), they seemed annoyed with my call, like I was a problem. I would say find a doctor who cares.
Visits are quick but thorough. The physician is very courteous and responsive to questions when asked. I consider the physician very knowledgeable in his specialty and trust his decisions on my health care. I am always telling others about the Crystal Arthritis Center and the care and treament I receive from Dr. Goske. It is always a pleasure to see him.
Dr. Goske is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. James R Goske accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCrystal Arthritis Center, 471 N Cleveland Massillon Rd, Akron, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James R Goske in this video.
Dr. James R Goske is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.