Dr. James A Grifo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James A Grifo?

Not for me either

I agree completely with another reviewer so will just repeat what they wrote. I could not have phrased it better myself. "I stuck around because of his reputation. He's barely accessible, never reads our file/test results, and spends way too long pushing PGS so you can become another data point in his research without adequately addressing the downsides even after specific questions. Can't get him to address our actual medical concerns, instead get a bunch of pop psychology which might be good if you're a dim-witted, anxious control freak making the wrong conclusions based on too much poorly conducted online research and are looking for someone to take on the Doctor God role (I know everything and you can't possibly understand these incredibly complex topics, so don't worry about understanding your own medical care), but wasn't helpful for me."

AWFUL -- cherry picks patients

don't waste your time with grifo or nyu they cherry pick their patients and will only cycle you if you have "good numbers" so as to not disturb their stats. further, grifo pushes genetic testing even when others in his profession would not recommend it. trust me, GO TO CORNELL.

Great staff but the doctor grifo was hardly involved

I have been going to this practice for 7 months and I saw DR. Grifo only twice. If you have a question you have to contact his secretary who is amazing she makes a date and time for you to speak to him a day or two days later. When he does call he has no clue where your holding and if you question him he makes you feel like he knows everything and don't ask. The staff is very nice positive and work well with the patience. I don't like that I always get a different nurse calling with my results and if you have a question and want to call the nurse they never pick up. You can leave a message and sometimes you get a call back. I wish dr. Grifo was more involved in my ivf but I hardly interacted with him. So it's hard to say if he is that good as the reviews.

incredible

I'm absolutely serious when I say I wish the person responsible for implementing this operation would run for president of the world. This may seem hyperbolic, but to a knowing patient it's only the beginning of enough praise. Dr. Grifo, his colleagues and staff, their process and procedures are the most knowledgable and on-point, efficient and effective orchestration I've encountered in life. Forget all your frustration, the level of excellence in this office is so smoothly carried out its like a bizarre vacation. Only wish I could get them to deliver the baby that they gave me!

Great and knowledgeable doctor

I really like Dr. Grifo. Objective, brilliant, and determined to help his patients. Regarding the posts on Dr. Grifo "pushing PGD to make money", it is incorrect IMHO. PGD increases your chances of IVF success, so instead of doing an average of 2 cycles for one pregnancy, doing PGD can decrease it to 1 cycle. Total cost for PGD + 1 cycle is much cheaper than 2 cycles! I trust that he is excellent diagnostically, well-researched, and know I'm in good hands.

the best!

Went to Dr. Grifo after a horrible experience at Columbia. He immediately found an issue they had overlooked and corrected it. He was so confident in the plans he set forth for us, and he was available to see and speak with us often. I was pessimistic but went along with him because he was I trusted him. My first cycle was an early chemical pregnancy, but the second (FET) was twins! My girls just turned 6 years old last month.

Not for us

Finally switching docs after a year. We stuck around because of his reputation. He's barely accessible, never reads our file/test results, and spends way too long pushing PGS so you can become another data point in his research without adequately addressing the downsides even after specific questions. Can't get him to address our actual medical concerns, instead get a bunch of pop psychology which might be good if you're a dim-witted, anxious control freak making the wrong conclusions based on too much poorly conducted online research and are looking for someone to take on the Doctor God role (I know everything and you can't possibly understand these incredibly complex topics, so don't worry about understanding your own medical care), but wasn't helpful for us. We liked the office staff.

He's the best in the industry

After 5 unsuccessful IVFs, a top Massachusetts clinic released us due to their inability to identify a problem. We decided to get a second opinion at NYU with Dr. Grifo. From the day we walked in, you could immediately tell that you were dealing with the best of the best. I had a long history and a big file. Within minutes of our initial meeting, Dr. Grifo had a plan for us. He stuck to the exact plan, was open to listening to all our concerns and now I'm pregnant! He literally mastered what others couldn't solve. Going to the best is worth every dollar and the long travels.

BEST OF THE BEST!!!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for years without any success. (Me PCOS). We decided on IVF with Dr.Grifo and on our first try I am very happy to say we are expecting twins!! The quality of care and compassion you receive from this office and Dr. Grifo you will not find anywhere else!! If you are considering fertility treatments Dr. Grifo is the doc to see!!

Highly recommend him.

Fantastic Experience

At our first consultation Dr Grifo explained exactly how the fertility the steps that we would take. He answered all our questions. He was caring and patient. He asked that we be proactive and follow up with his office and that was helpful advice. Anytime we called the office we got an answer same day. The first appointment took about 6 weeks to get, but after that the process moved very fast. Monitoring appointments took 20 minutes before 830am and the nurses are great! Dr. Grifo diagnosed and solved the problem within two months and 4 months after the first appointment I am pregnant! I am so thankful we found him! I highly recommend him.

Wonderful doctor that knows what he is doing. We had success on our first try with IVF. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Very enthusiastic and smart. His staff is also great.