Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James A Halikas has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. James A Halikas has the following 14 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. James A Halikas has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. James A Halikas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
I saw Dr. Halikis for almost 4 years, and our average appointment lasted about 10 minutes. I used him purely to renew the prescription anti- depressants I was already taking when I began seeing him. I would never have considered using him for a talk therapist, due to his arrogant nature. On the visit before my last, I saw a family member in the waiting room and realized we were using the same Dr. (no big deal I thought). On my next appointment I was immediately asked questions about my relationship with that family member. I was then admonished for my lack of relationship with this person, and told that I needed to start communicating with them immediately whether that was good for me or not. He had no idea what my actual relationship with them was or the history behind it. I have never felt so inappropriately and unprofessionally attacked by a âCARE GIVERâ. I would never recommend Dr Halikis. I thought that I was safe because I was just getting my anti-depressants from him. BEWARE! If you are seeing him for script refills you may end up with some highly unsolicited and abusive âtherapyâ.
This practice is a joke! Made an appt. After an hour wait, I went and asked about my appt. There was still one more in front of me. I was taken back and explained to Dr. Halikas that I had already waited for an hour. He said in a very condescending voice that the typical wait time is 2-3 hours! He explained that I could get an appt on fridays with an actual time for an extra $150! While sitting in the waiting room, he was takiing patients back in 10-15 min increments. I got the feeling he was one of those dr.s that just gives you drugs and no therapy. You can not do therapy in 10 minutes! Do not use!
52 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. James A Halikas accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames Halikas Md Llc, 5445 Park Central Ct, Naples, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Halikas, MD - Psychiatry in Naples, FL, in this video.
Dr. James A Halikas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Naples, FL.