Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Hanus
Dr. James Hanus, DO is a Doctor primarily located in South Whitley, IN, with another office in South Whitley, IN. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hanus is affiliated with Parkview Hospital Randallia, Parkview Huntington Hospital and Parkview Whitley Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. James Hanus has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 67
Dr. Hanus authorized a diagnostic -- even though I was under fifty and had no history of breast cancer -- because I felt I needed one after finding a lump. Not only did he get me an appointment the day after calling him, but he also stayed after hours to meet with me and my friends. I met him two days after he got the test results -- breast cancer. When I met with him, he told me "you are not leaving this office until we select a surgeon for you AND I will call them first thing in the morning." Because of Dr. Hanus, I was able to have surgery for stage III breast cancer 2 weeks after diagnosis. I have no doubt in my mind that he extended, if not saved, my life.
Dr. Hanus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Parkview Whitley Hospital
42 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Hanus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Whitley, IN.