Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James L Head
Dr. James L Head, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alabaster, AL. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Head is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center South and Shelby Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James L Head has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. James L Head has the following 12 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Weight Loss
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. James L Head is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I am not the first patient to be kicked out of his practice. People dont always see the bad side to doctors. He left me on the floor in pain bleeding heavily because when walking away i said he didn't have to be a jerk. He was rude and abrasive when i was asking why we needed to do a scan. When a hormonal scared confused patient has a question you answer it nicely not like he did. Then ran out of his cubby down the hall to tell me he was dismissing me from his practice for the comment leaving me in such a horrible state. I hope no one treats his wife or mother like that.
Dr. Head is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Carraway Medical Center
Dr. James L Head accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShelby Ob/Gyn, 408 1st St N Ste 200, Alabaster, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James L Head in this video.
Dr. James L Head is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alabaster, AL.