Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James D Helman
Dr. James D Helman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Helman is affiliated with University Of Washington Medical Center and Evergreen Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Helman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James D Helman has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. James D Helman has the following 1 expertise
Dr. James D Helman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James D Helman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr.Helman is a wonderful doctor,very caring,understanding and a great listener, he doessnt push things on yo that yu dont want or dont feel comfortable talking about, he's got a great sense of humor, and makes you feel comfortable and at ease, he doesnt pressure you to make descions you are not ready to make(unless its a serious thing like surgery that you need in order to help you then he does give you a little bit of a push) he encourages you instead of forcing you or pressing you to make choices,descions anything like that, he's wonderful, i would deffinetly suggest him to anyone looking for a really good,pain doctor or anesthesiologist
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Helman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. James D Helman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Mason Medical Center, 1100 9th Ave, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James D Helman in this video.
Dr. James D Helman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.