Dr. James Hemp Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Hemp?

Don't go to this guy if you want your...

Posted on December 14th, 2015

Medical Records to be ILLEGALLY distributed to unauthorized doctors and hospital. James Hemp, can't even call him a Dr. is sneaky and not an honest man. If you want your medical records to be distributed to other hospitals, without your consent, go to this bum. He will do anything to protect another doctor from malpractice, even if that means lying about your health and condition.

Profession & Spouse of his new patient

Posted on April 25th, 2015

Referred by our cardiologist at St. Josephs, our commute was from Orange County to Scrippts in S.D., for a consultation on our optoins. We met with Dr. Hemp Friday afternoon. He sat with us and answered all our questions and some. After speaking with him, we understood exactly what our options were, what we needed to do and the time frame we had to make the decision. We walked out with a sigh of relief...that is worth is weight in gold! Even enduring the traffic back home was a pleasure. Thank you Dr. Hemp!! We will have our follow up appointments with our cardiologist & come back in a year or so. There will be a part II review but so far, we give Dr. Hemp a 5 star rating for exceeding our expectations!

Remarkable recovery

Posted on October 23rd, 2012

Dr. Hemp replaced my aortic valve. Judging by the speed of my recovery and effectiveness of the procedure, he did a spectacular job. Only in the hospital two days after surgery, back at work in 4 weeks, running four miles per workout after 5 months and still improving. I am very impressed.

My experience with Dr. Hemp was outstanding..

Posted on September 20th, 2012

It's been 3 years now, but I had a spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung). Of course at the time I did not know this, I would just get out of breath going up a flight of stairs (not normal for me). After a week of this, I saw my primary care doctor, he took x-rays and said that I should immediately go to the hospital (Scripps, Mercy in S.D.).He contacted the hospital, who put him in touch with Dr Hemp. Dr Hemp was on his way back (driving) from vacation. He expected to be at the hospital by 3:00pm (it was probably 10:00am at that time). Long story short, while I checked into the hospital (FYI, I did not have to go through E.R.) Dr. Hemp ran into a lot of traffic, which delayed him by 3-4 hours. After which, he dropped his family off and came straight to the hospital. He had another patient to see before me, so its 8:30pm by the time he sees me. I'm sure he was dog tired, but he spent at least an hour talking to my wife and I about my situation and my options. He did not pressure me to go any direction... he just layed it out there for me so I could make my decision.In the end, I selected a procedure and he set me up for surgery. 8:00Am the next morning. I ended up in the hospital for several days (waiting for my "water seal" to stop getting air bubbles). The entire time he was very up front with me as to what was happening and what needed to happen before I was "cleared" to check out. I'm not saying he hung out by my bedside playing cards but he definitely spent as much time as I needed. I should add that I am an active person and I had explained this to him early on. In my follow up visit(s), he demonstrated that he wanted me back doing my usual activities ASAP. And helped me out by telling me that though I might experience some pain, that was normal and he assured me that I would not be damaging anything. Knowing that I was back to 100% in no time.It's been a while, but as I recall, waiting time at his office (on follow up visits) was quite a while (at least 45 min). I am not too surprised, because I think that when he sees a patient, they are the priority and he makes sure they are comfortable before moving on to the next one. Some take longer than others and he can not control that.

Posted on August 8th, 2017