Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James R Hennessy
Dr. James R Hennessy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toledo, OH. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Hennessy is affiliated with St Rita's Medical Center. Dr. Hennessy has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James R Hennessy has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. James R Hennessy has the following 1 expertise
Dr. James R Hennessy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Doc Hennessy became my daughter's doctor by default. She was in the ER at Toledo Hospital with her first episode of SVT. After an hour of her heart rate not reverting and the staff trying several different manipulations and preparing to be given the meds to stop her heart and re-start it Dr Hennessy walked in. He reviewed her chart and asked "has anyone had this child stand on her head?" The staff looked at him like he was crazy.He very strongly said "get a towel and lay it on the floor and get this child on her head." They did and her heart rate reverted back to normal immediately. He explained to us in laymans terms what had happened to her, why she was having this SVT and what we could expect and was very kind. He gave us his cell phone#, office# and pager # to call if we ever had questions or concerns. We were so impressed with with him that we switched from her previous cardiologist whom she saw for her Dextrocardia with Situs Inversus to Dr. Hennessy.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hennessy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. James R Hennessy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMercy Congenital Heart Specialist, 2222 Cherry St Ste 2800, Toledo, OH
Dr. James R Hennessy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.