Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James H Hinton III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James H Hinton III has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. James H Hinton III has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 20
I have gone to Dr. Hinton twice and both times he rushes the entire time, and does NOT even listen and I come in for easy stuff. He is burned out and annoyed with his patients. He should just retire. He is the ONLY doctor that has made me feel like a dollar sign and nothing more. He does not ask any questions or anything. I will never go back.
I have been seeing Dr. HInton for over ten years. He has always been very patient, slow to diagnosis anything to make sure that he has all the facts first, then recommends a variety of options. He has always been very personable as we have talked about our families, books, background, etc. I always enjoy visiting w/Dr. Hinton as he is very knowledgeable, and very helpful in his diagnosis. He always spends more time than I think that he has and his bedside manner is very professional. His office staff and nurses have always been very courteous and helpful. I have really enjoyed the promptness of getting in to see Dr. Hinton. I appreciate the fact that he is going to continue to be my doctor when I transfer over to Medicare this summer. I am very appreciative of having a doctor like Dr. Hinton and I very glad that I will be able to continue calling him my family doctor.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Hinton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. James H Hinton III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInova Family Physicians, 2100 Hedgcoxe Rd Ste 120, Plano, TX
Dr. James H Hinton III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.