James Hirschfeld Is this you?

Have you seen James Hirschfeld?

The only ophthalmologist I would ever recommend

Posted on June 7th, 2017

As in my headline, if you have checked Dr. Hirschfeld's credentials, you would understand why I so highly recommend him. If you made an appointment to see Dr. Hirschfeld, you will not be disappointed. He preformed cataract surgery on my eyes recently and his care was outstanding. His staff was very nice and treated my care as a priority.

Very caring, patient and knowledgeable doctor

Posted on January 26th, 2017

Dr. Hirschfeld has been my doctor for a few years. He spends time with his patients and answers all questions. I have had 2 cataract surgeries and 2 post cataract surgeries done and am highly satisfied with him. I am very glad that I am a patient of his and highly recommend him.

Posted on December 6th, 2016

Plan on spending a lot of time waiting for your appointment and then during your appt. Dr comes and goes while you sit there. you are not sure where he goes but excuses himself quite often

Excellent doctor!

Posted on November 9th, 2015

Dr. Hirschfeld is an excellent doctor in his field. He has been treating my dry eyes for over a year now. He is very compassionate and caring. I completely trust his judgment and should of taken his advice months before I did regarding plugs. He also has a wonderful, caring staff.

Posted on April 28th, 2015

Told me insurance would not cover putting in two plugs for dry eye in one visit. Found out not true, he just doesn't get to charge for two office visits!

Patient

Posted on November 5th, 2013

I had an ongoing eye problem, I visited Dr. Hirschfeld and was given terrible service, I waited 2 hours and when I finally got to see him he was extremely rude. Dr. Hirschfeld is extremely full of himself. I would not recommend Dr. Hirschfeld to anyone.

Wait over 3 hours

Posted on May 31st, 2013

He's a horrible doctor. I waited for like 3 hours and 20 minutes only to get 10 minutes of actual doctoring. He very quickly tested my eye and then jotted down the number. He didn't give me a chance to test my vision.

A smart, caring doctor.

Posted on September 16th, 2012

I had been suffering from a scratched cornea and had been very uncomfortable. I would wake up in the middle of the night in such pain with my eye tearing uncontrolably. Dr.Hirschfeld had the brilliant idea of putting a clear contact in my eye as well as antibiotics. He monitored me often and finally (the contact acting as a bandaid) I became well again. Dr. Hirschfeld also removed a cataract from my 32 year old son and his vision is perfect. He is such a compassionate man and he really takes care of his patients. I highly recommend him.

Posted on September 13th, 2012

I scheduled an appt with Dr Hirschfeld for a second opinion based on a recommendation from a colleague. He carefully examined my eyes and thanks to his assessment and treatment plan, my eyes are drastically improved. He spent the appropriate amount of time with me, I'm confident in his expertise, and he will now be my ophthalmologist moving forward.

Do not go to him....

Posted on January 17th, 2012

I found Dr. Hirschfeld to be obnoxiously cocky and rude. I went to him for the 1st time and wanted his medical advice on problems I was experiencing. I have visted many other specialists as well. Dr. Hirschfeld completely bashed the other Drs. that I have been to saying that they do not know what they are talking about and that he knows best bascially. It was so awful. I wanted to punch him the face....so I will never ever return to this practice and hope you will not either!!

Posted on October 6th, 2017