Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. James N Hochrein
Dr. James N Hochrein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greensboro, NC, with another office in Greensboro, NC. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hochrein is affiliated with Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital. Dr. Hochrein has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James N Hochrein has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. James N Hochrein has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Diagnostic Cardiology
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
Dr. James N Hochrein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 12
Dr. Hochrein is the reason I am here to day and able to write this review. He operated on me when I was in Emergency having a heart attack, and 5 years later I'm doing fine. He is a compassionate man who cares about those he treats, and takes the time to listen to you and make you feel valued. Thank you Dr. Hochrein
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hochrein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. James N Hochrein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James N Hochrein, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Greensboro, NC, in this video.
Dr. James N Hochrein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensboro, NC.