Dr. James R Hoppe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James R Hoppe?

The best doc

Ive been seeing Dr Hoppe since he opened the practice in South Plainfield. I have nothing but praise for him - he is the best doc I've ever been to. He is knowledgeable, has the best bedside manner and spends as much time with him as you need. I am not crazy about his staff as they are always changing and it is hard to get an appt with him but that does not deter me from going there because he is just that great!

Made an appt for my fiancé. We show up and the receptionist says he isn't in the system somehow for today's appts but she put him in anyway. Then she ignored him while he was trying to hand her his insurance card so he plopped it onto his paperwork. She claims he threw the card at her and told me to tell him to grow up, and that she understands it's not his fault that someone didn't put him in the system but it's not hers either- really? She's the one who makes appointments! Then she tells my fiancé it is a cash only copay. Nobody told me that over the phone otherwise we would have arrived with cash. She tried to get another receptionist to be on her side and agree with her that she told me it was cash only. Whatever. (Someone else just walked in and only had a card on them too... So much for telling patients cash only when they book!) Anyway, The receptionist said to go across to quick check to use their atm... She gave us a 5 min window to make it there and back or she won't hold the appt. So we go across the street to quick check and their atm is down. We come back inside to the doctor office and told her it was down. She said to go to our bank and go to the atm there and she would hold the appt for another 15 mins. So now we're here again, waiting, again. Nasty receptionist.

"Not Taking Emergencies Today"

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Hoppe for years. I was in the ER last night with a 103.3 fever and the ER doctor told me to follow up with my primary today, so I called his office this morning to schedule an urgent follow up appointment and his staff kindly told me that, "he's not taking emergencies today". Oh, I didn't realize I had to schedule my emergency in advance. Time for a new PCP.

Highly recommend

I have been seeing Dr. Hoppe for awhile now. Staff is friendly as is Dr. Hoppe, and I never feel rushed - he answers all of my questions thoroughly. Highly recommend.

Thorough, compassionate, answered all questions. Knowledgeable. Highly recommend.

Nice Experience

Nice experience. Takes good care of patients.

Shocked patience

The office staff is terrible. Extremely rude on the telephone. First they lost my blood-works, then I had to call 7 times to get them to fax the prescription for the blood-works to take to Quest lab and get it done there instead. I will advise NEVER to get the blood-works done there. Dr. Hoppe himself is not bad, he just has a very bad judgement for his office staff. If you feel like dealing with a bunch of rude people before you see the doctor, I would recommend going there.

Don't Recommend!

My family and I have been his patients for a few years. His staff is terrible. I called to make an appointment I was on hold for a long time then she told me to call back in one hour. I did then they told me the same I explained that this is my second time then they told me to go on line and try to make the appointment. How horrible is this? I wont recommend this doctor to anyone. We are finding a new doctor.

He is wonderful....

Very caring, calm presentation, unhurried, genuinely concerned.

Really like Dr. Hoppe. He spends a lot of time with you and seems to be up on all the latest stuff. His staff can do a lot of tests in house, saving time. Love this doctor!

Caring Doctor

Dr. James R Hoppe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Plainfield, NJ.