Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James J Hughes III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James J Hughes III has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 3 of 3
my mother was admitted to Conroe regional on Thur. for signs of what seemed like a mini stroke. Her BP was over 200 (the top #) vomiting , severe headache. She was there several days her headache never went away completely, her BP kept spiking off and on. And her liver enzymes were elevated. Her gi dr wanted keep her till monday. Hughes was going to send her home on the 4thdaywithout checking her Chart. I made a stink about it and I guess then checked her chart and realized her BP had spiked again. So he kept her. First thing mon. He wanted to relese her again, and they had not even checked her blood yet to see if her enzymes had gone down anymore. Further more I had a request as of Friday for dr. Hughes to call me because a had a few specific questions for him. As of mon. He still had not called me. I called back Again for the third request (monday) and the nurse said dr. Hughes told her that my mother was a competent adult and could ask her own questions. What a lousy response. When a patient is so sick and can barely speak, much less hardly function how can they ask questions or even realize what questions may need to be asked. I suggest taking your loved one or yourself to another hospital if you have serious symptoms or illness. Try the medical center.
he makes a family wait in the hospital room all day and then tells them we need to get in touch with hospice. He is sending my mom home in care of hospice and she is not ready for hospice she is still taking chemo. There was another Dr. Yau that filled in for him and told us he did not want to give up on her because he thought she would get over her infection but now Dr. Hughes is back and he is sending her home today.
20 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1998
University Of Texas Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsIpc Hospitalists, 4545 Post Oak Place Dr Ste 130, Houston, TX
Dr. James J Hughes III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.