Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James L Hutchinson has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. James Hutchinson's expertise astounds me. If you're looking for a doctor that puts his patients first.You're at the right place,he is very efficient and will give patients a referral to other specialists. So they will work together to take care your medical needs.His staff is superb and treats each patient with kindness and the utmost respect.Nothing beats experience, Dr. Hutchinson is a season medical professional that has earn his respect with over 50 years of experience and well respected amongst his peers in the Mills Peninsula medical group. I've have been a patient of his for 25 years. I trust him exclusively when it come down to my health.I'm actually concerned about the day he decides to retire. Because I will never find another Doctor that have demonstrated with me and others showing so much concern.So whatever reviews you might read, he is the real deal and experience and longevity with him as a doctor and I a patient speaks volume.
Dr. Hutchinson is one of a kind! He is very curteous, engaging, and gives ample time to the patient. He never rushes your visit so everyone knows when it is their time he will not rush their visit. He sent me in for a colon exam which I was not familiar with. It was determined I had polyps that were pre cancerous. He saved my life!I am glad to have him as my doctor!!!
I saw Dr. Hutchinson, at first, because of a belly pain. He had me tested for appendicitis and within a few hours, I was in surgery. I've been back a couple times for regular check-ups. The Doc is really good at listening, and otherwise super friendly. The waiting time may be irregular as some patients come in for urgent visits, where others may get delayed a little. The waiting room is nice enough and the staff is friendly. I only wish the parking was a little more plentiful. It's free street parking, but you may end up walking a half-block or so.
I am not bothered by the time that I spend waiting to see Dr. Hutchinson because I know that when it is my turn, he will give the same amount of time to my appointment. He has a sense of humour, he is courteous, and very caring. His referrals are always to the very best specialist in their field. Unfortunately, when Dr. Hutchinson is no longer available there is no one who could replace him!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
68 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1950
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. James L Hutchinson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames L Hutchinson Md, 72 N San Mateo Dr, San Mateo, CA
Dr. James L Hutchinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Mateo, CA.