Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James N Icken has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
The PA Kelley Nelson was fantastic. The one time I had to see Dr. Icken I was not impressed. Felt rushed and barely looked at, for being a patient with pre-melanomas in my history. His staff, when you need copies of records or receipts is not receptive to helping. Sadly, I have taken my business elsewhere. Kelley also no longer works there.
While Dr. Icken is knowledgeable and courteous, his staff is extremely rude and diffucult to deal with. Important information was witheld from me and when I asked about it the nurse I was speaking with was so rude that I am transfering to another doctor after 5+ years of visiting Dr. Icken's office
43 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. James N Icken accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Consultants Albuquerque Pc, 8316 Kaseman Ct NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. James N Icken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.