Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James A Ilko has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Ilko is great and so is his nurse Kim. The rest of the staff is incompetent. My pharmacist could never get a refill request unless I call his clinic in person. It's really hard to get a live person when call. Messages fall into some bottomless pit somewhere, nobody returns calls. One time he'd order a CPAP for me from a medical supply company. I never heard anything back. After several calls later, it turned out that the receptionist never sent it. Then waited for weeks again and called the company again. They reported that they had faxed several requests to Dr. Ilko for more information. I called and the receptionist never forwarded the request to Dr. Ilko.
Dr. Ilko himself can be wonderful.... But also clueless ! The wait time in his office is rediculious and completely unacceptable! His staff is the worst very unprofessional and rude! There is one person on his staff that's the tops his one and only nurse Kim :) only one there that does anything. To add more info.... Faxing is never done phone calls never returned paperwork not getting done ect ect. Please save yourself the suffering and go anywhere but ilkos office!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ilko is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Dr. James A Ilko accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJames A Ilko Md, 2921 32nd Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James A Ilko in this video.
Dr. James A Ilko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.