Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James J Obrien
Dr. James J Obrien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Obrien is affiliated with Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Seton Health/St Mary's Hospital and Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Obrien has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. James J Obrien has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 5
When you have a scheduled appt - arrive ahead of schedule - then sit in waiting room for 1-1/2 hours - then the nurse comes out and calls in 4 patients confirming time of appt which all turn out to be for same time slot - then you sit in room for another 45 minutes - by this time it's well past lunch time and you're starving to death - the nurse arrives - you tell her you are starving and want to know if they are going to serve lunch - and her comment is "Dr. O'Brien is a very busy man and when you schedule appt there is no sense in rushing because there will be at least a two hour wait" well, there is something g wrong there. Then nurse tells O'Brien we are not happy and he comes in with and attitude. He gave us 20 minutes of his time which then consisted with in correct info in his report meaning he was not paying attention. We found him obnoxious, high almighty attitude, inconsiderate, especially selfish and uncaring since he made so many people wait. Perhaps We should include GREED in there. So sorry we hung around but you can be sure we did not do a followup with him.
THE STAFF MEMBER WAS SHOUTING MY PERSONAL BUSINESS SO EVERYONE COULD HEAR EVEN WHEN I ATTEMTED TO QUELL HER LOUDNESS SHE CONTINUED...NOT GOOD, I KNOW THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REAL PRIVACY..BUT THERE IS SUCH A THING AS BEING DISCREET, ANYWAY DR OBRIEN IS SO FANTASTIC THAT HIS PRESENCE MADE ME FORGET ABOUT IT.
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
Dr. Obrien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. James J Obrien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCapital Cardiology Associates, 7 Southwoods Blvd, Albany, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James J Obrien in this video.
Dr. James J Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.