Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Park
Dr. James Park, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fountain Valley, CA, with other offices in Garden Grove, CA and Santa Ana, CA (and 1 other location). He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Park is affiliated with Anaheim Memorial Medical Center, Coastal Communities Hospital and Garden Grove Hospital and Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Park has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Park is nice enough when being seen but that is as far as it goes. Being nice does not get you a diagnosis. We have seen him 3 times and are no closer to finding out what is wrong with me. Last visit he didn't have all the results of my blood test, I had to leave his office and call quest myself. He doesn't want to see me for 4 months with no other tests being run. They had 5 weeks to get the results and I even called the office 3 times to make sure they had them. Appointments will be made every 2 to 4 months. He just doesn't care so save time and find someone else.
Dr. Park saved my mother's life
Dr. Park is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Coastal Communities Hospital
Garden Grove Hospital and Medical Center
Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
Los Alamitos Medical Center
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
Western Med Ctr/Santa Ana
16 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. James Park accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Park is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fountain Valley, CA.