Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James M Janousek
Dr. James M Janousek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Live Oak, FL. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Janousek is affiliated with Shands Live Oak Regional Medical Center. Dr. Janousek has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James M Janousek has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James M Janousek has the following 11 expertise
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Dementia Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. James M Janousek is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
He is extremely arrogant, very rude, doesn't listen at all. He thinks because he's been a doctor for decades that he can treat people badly like they're beneath him. He discharges patients for ridiculous reasons like based on a patient's religion, psychiatric diagnosis, and if you have ever been to jail. He has no discretion whatsoever as I saw him in the parking lot of a nursing home that he was seeing geriatric patients at making out and groping his early 20 year old girlfriend almost 50 years younger than him. His secretary is very rude and snobby and acts like your phone calls to the office making appts is obscene. Like how dare you call their office for an appt or God forbid you have a health issue. If you want to be treated like you're lower than dirt then he's your man!!!
Great Dr. very attentive and kind!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Janousek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
Dr. James M Janousek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Locations & DirectionsJames Michael Janousek Md, 801 Pinewood Dr SW, Live Oak, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James M Janousek in this video.
Dr. James M Janousek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Live Oak, FL.