Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James E Jernigan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
My experience is that i don't receive the quality of facts about my health It's like over the yrs i have seen you you are declining so I'm just giving you the basic nothing more or less you talk about the amount of patients you have so what I'm i I could go on and on You should look back on the word Doctor someone you trust
James Jernigan has been my doctor for just shy of 15 years now. Medically knowledgable doctors are a dime a dozen; the thing that makes Jernigan special, in my opinion, is his gift for communicating. He is not in any way pretentious or condescending or distant like some other doctors I have visited; he's a very likable, approachable, friendly guy. He sets a positive tone that encourages open, frank dialogue. I can give no higher recommendation for a doctor. As for the rest of the practice, I have read the comments here that the staff is less than stellar in the customer service department. This has not been my experience. Everyone from the nurses to the lab techs to the people at the front counter has been nothing short of absolutely professional and courteous. I have thrown a wide variety of special situations at them and have coming away completely satisfied each and every time. Once, when a discrepancy arose between what the doctor prescribed and what the pharmacy filled, the office resolved the matter in minutes. So, as far as I'm concerned, fine bunch of people at that practice.
Dr. Jernigan is a good doctor, however, I could not, in good conscience, recommend this practice. Virginia Physicians is a very patient-unfriendly corporation. All you will need to do to confirm this is call their phone number. The message on their recording only BEGINS to tell you what they won't do for their patients. The unfriendly staff will tell you the rest...IF you can wait on hold for 10 minutes or more. This is truly a corporate run business - in it for money, not patients.
Dr. James E Jernigan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCold Harbor Family Medicine, 7255 Hanover Green Dr, Mechanicsville, VA
Dr. James E Jernigan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mechanicsville, VA.