Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Facts about pulmonary hypertension, including the causes and symptoms.
- Thromboembolism Facts about thromboembolism, including causes, symptoms, and risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Johnson Jr
Dr. James Johnson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with other offices in Tupelo, MS and Memphis, TN (and 1 other location). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Delta Medical Center, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville and Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center. He speaks English.
Dr. James Johnson Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. James Johnson Jr has the following 5 expertise
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
Dr. James Johnson Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. James Johnson Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Delta Medical Center
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville
Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center
St Francis Hospital
Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County
Baptist Memorial Hospital Booneville
Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women
Saint Francis Bartlett Medical Center
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto
Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton
Baptist Mem Hosp/Golden Triangle
Nea Medical Center
Baptist Memorial Hospital North Ms
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
36 Years Experience
University of Tennessee
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. James Johnson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.