Get the facts about epilepsy, including the different types, symptoms and causes of the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James K Liu has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Pituitary Gland Tumor (Prolactinoma)
- Cushing Syndrome
- Pituitary Diseases
- Pineal Gland Tumor (Pinealoma)
- Brain Ventricle Cancer (Cerebral Ventricle Neoplasm)
- Olfactory Esthesioneuroblastoma
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia
- Brain Surgery
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Brain Cancer
- Skull Base Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Craniopharyngioma)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- CNS Vascular Tumor (Central Nervous System Cavernous Hemangioma)
- Image Guided Surgery
- Brain Tumor
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Hemifacial Spasm
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- CNS Tumor (Hemangioblastoma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2000
Dr. James K Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRutgers New Jersey Medical School, 90 Bergen St Ste 8100, Newark, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James K Liu in this video.
Dr. James K Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, NJ.